Position Duties and Responsibilities
Working closely with the Association’s fundraising sub-committee, with its major focus on raising the funds needed for the Museum to be built.
Building and managing relationships with key potential Donors and Partners such as NZ High Commission, Australian High Commission and the US Embassy etc
Overseeing the Project Office and displays at the Espiritu Hotel, and Pekoa Airport.
Managing all communications to, and from, the Project Office and Elwood J Euart Association, in conjunction with other office staff and volunteers – including greeting visitors to the site.
Managing relationships with key sponsors current and future, in particular through the Navara Fund.
Manage the Office Administrator and ensure they are working to their capacity and identify opportunities for professional development
Continuing to maintain and develop close relations with the Government of Vanuatu, the Vanuatu Cultural Centre, and municipal and provincial governments.
Being the key point of contact for the Project and its public spokesperson, including liaising with local, national and overseas tourism sector participants.
Managing the finances of the Association as and when appropriate and reporting on finances regularly to the Board.
In conjunction with other staff producing the monthly newsletters, regular social media postings, and utilising other media opportunities that may arise.
Maintaining a database of donations, sponsorship and fundraising efforts.
The Chairman of the Board has the authority to direct further tasks from time to time as the need arises.
Position Skills and Competencies
• Fluent or highly capable in English and Bislama.
• Experience of accounting software (MYOB or similar)
• Ability to keep financial records and manage funds
• Excellent networking and relationship building skills
• Experience in working within the political landscape
• Excellent communication skills and ability to present and speak publicly
• Excellent project management and time management skills
• Excellent strategic thinking and planning skills
• Excellent skills in report writing and policy documents
• Highly motivated
Position Qualifications and Experience
• Certificate or Diploma in a related field
• 10+ years’ experience
• Experience in Local Government or Government Departments
• Drivers Licence
Board and Executive Members of the Association
Members of the Association
Project Office Staff
Department of Internal Affairs
Department of Justice and Community Affairs
Department of Tourism
Department of Customs and Inland Revenue
Media Outlets – National and International
Vanuatu based High Commissions/Embassies
Social Media – Facebook and website
Municipal and Provincial Governments
Visitors to the Project Office
Volunteer Service Abroad
Monday – Friday: 8am – 5pm
May be required to work weekends when Cruise Ships are in port.
If you have any questions or would like to apply for the position, please send your details and CV to email@example.com